March 01, 2006

PSALM 23 ( USMC ) version


PSALM 23 (UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS VERSION):

The Lord is my Supreme Commandant;there is nothing I shall requisition.Fresh and green are the fieldsWhere He gives me rack time.Near restful shores He leads me,To boost my low morale.

He marches me along the right trail;He is "Semper Fidelis" to His name.If I should charge into storms of lead,No death would I fear.You are there with your map and compass;With these you give me liberty.

You have prepared the chowhall for meIn the sight of my foes.You anoint my head with a high and tight;My mug is overflowing.

Surely fair winds and following seasShall follow me all the days of my tour.In the Lord’s own camp shall I stand easyFor ever and ever.

Courtesy of Chaplain Vincent A. Salamoni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home