May 11, 2006

The Marines Prayer


Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whoselove never fails, make me aware of Thypresence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to mybest self, guarding me against dishonesty in purposein deed and helping me to live so that I can face myfellow Marines, my loved ones and Thee without shameor fear. Protect my family. Give me the will to do thework of a Marine and to accept my share ofresponsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant methe courage to be proficient in my daily performance.Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to theduties my country and the Marine Corps have entrustedto me. Make me considerate of those committed to myleadership. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity,and let it remind me daily of the traditions which Imust uphold. If I am inclined to doubt; steady my faith; if I amtempted, make me strong to resist; if I should missthe mark, give me courage to try again. Guide me withthe light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I mayunderstand the answer to my prayer. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home