August 16, 2006

HELP SOLDIERS IN HEED


August 15, 2006



Thank you for taking the time to read this letter with your busy schedule. I would like to start off by telling you a little about myself. I have been married to a Marine for the past ten years, a mother of four children and a full time student. My schedule is full of all kinds of daily activities, always taking time for personal fitness. I have ran the Naha Marathon, Ayashima Road Race Half Marathon and several 5K fun runs. I have currently set my sight on the Marine Corp Marathon this October 29th.

I know running 26.2 miles is the craziest thing that you have ever heard. Those that have never attempted a marathon will never understand. Just like those who don’t serve in the military will never understand the life of a soldier. We are dedicated to an idea of a belief above the average person. You become a family even though you have nothing in common with the person next to you. Still, looking in to their eyes you know that you have walked that person’s footsteps. The Marine Corps Marathon combine both the ideas and beliefs of a marathon runner and the Marine Corp traditions, making this the greatest marathon.

Now why do I write all of this? Knowing what it takes to dedicate yourself to something more, I ask for your help. I am not running this race just for myself, I run for all the men and women that put themselves in harms way to protect our country. Operation Second Chance has dedicated themselves to assisting our wounded soldiers in rebuilding their lives. They assist in home remodeling, cost in expense for the family and support in these difficult times. All making it just a little bit easier for them to rebuild their lives.
The organization is run and started by other military wives and parents that felt a need to reach out to our soldiers and their families.

I ask that you support these men and women yourself; and sponsor me in this challenge that I have taken on. My goal is to raise $3,000.00 by the day of the race. You can go to http://www.operationsecondchance.org/ and donate at the website. When making the donation please be sure to written sponsoring Monica Preciado. Remember these are the people that gave up everything in order to protect you and your family. A small donation is not much to ask for

Sincerely,
Monica Preciado
c/o Operation Second Chance

Operation Second Chance, INC.

22708 Birchcrest Ln.

Clarksburg, MD 20871

I am proud to say Monica Preciado is my sister !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home