November 13, 2006

Now available on DVD from MakePeaceOrDie.com and Amazon.com

"Veterans Day is the day set aside to thank and honor ALL those who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime. In fact, Veterans Day is largely intended to thank LIVING veterans for their service, to acknowledge that their contributions to our national security are appreciated, and to underscore the fact that all those who served - not only those who died - have sacrificed and done their duty." - Department of Veterans Affairs

When I set out to create the documentary film "Make Peace or Die: The First Days of War in Iraq with 1st Battalion 5th Marines" in many ways my personal intent was the same as Veterans Day: to honor the contributions made by, in this case, a small group of Marine Corps infantrymen.

To tell you a little about myself, I am the youngest of three boys. My oldest brother was a Marine and my middle brother was in the Navy. My father was a two-tour veteran of Vietnam. I was the first man in my family not to go into the military but rather studied cinema at the University of Southern California. My hope is that after watching this movie, the audience comes to deeply understand the level of honor, courage, and commitment with which each of these men serve -- as a filmmaker and an American, this is my duty.

Semper Gratus,

Valerian Bennett

Director, "Make Peace or Die:
The First Days of War in Iraq
with 1st Battalion 5th Marines"
http://www.MakePeaceOrDie.com

add us as friends on MySpace share our video clips on YouTube

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home