January 24, 2007

Social Security Benefit for Veterans


Gene Paschall
Human Resource Specialist
NRCS, Arizona State Office

The following is provided for your information/action:

Under certain circumstances, special extra earnings for military service from 1940 through 2001 can be credited to an individual's record for Social Security Purposes. These extra earnings may help a person qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of the Social Security benefit. Special extra earnings, up to $1,200 per year are granted for periods of active duty or training. Social Security cannot add these extra credits to a record unless they are filed for. Take a DD-214 form to the Social Security Office. Individuals must ask for this benefit to receive it.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home